Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lazarus - "No More BS" (Video)



I originally wanted to name this post "Return Of The Live Emcee" and if you seen this video or have ever witness this emcee perform you would know exactly where i'm coming from. In a climate of hip-hop where the main focus seems to be on image,"swag" (hate that word!!) and affiliation, many artists have taken the focus away from two of the main elements in hiphop: DELIVERY & PERFORMANCE. This is where fellow Raleigh/Durham emcee, Lazarus comes in. For those who follow NC hip hop closely you may remember Lazarus from the Kooley High jam "Water". I was first introduced to his music three yrs ago from Blue Raspberry (yep that one) and producer DOX. In my opinion, homie's been here before. He reminds me of the golden era emcee "Jesse West" from the group 3rd Eye (do your research),which was one of my favorite groups from the mid 90's era. As seasoned as the homie sound, he's barely 20. I'm thinking the handle Lazarus means "the resurection of an emcee style that died and has now arisen". Check out the video "No More BS" filmed and directed by Kent Willard. Download the mixtape/album, Alien Nation here: